Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Canterbury Atheist Blog in Hibernation


Attention All:

My blog is ‘off the air’ indefinitely as at 01st July 2009.

I need to concentrate on finishing a book I started writing earlier this year, and is currently ‘stalled’ about a third-of-the-way through.

It’s a black-comedy, by the way.

So I’ve made the hard-decision that becoming a published author is a far worthier goal comparatively, than ‘a mere blogger’.

The investment in time and mental output, spent writing articles for this blog, would be better invested in the pages of my book.

The pay as an author is also miles better.

Can’t say when, or if, I will be back?

Depends on how the book goes.

May the blessings of The Flying Spaghetti Monster, fall upon you.

Peace.

Paul.

Note: Advice for first time authors is appreciated & can be left in the comments section.


8 comments:

peterquixote said...

Dude,where on earth did you find that Roger Whittaker
you say,
"The pay as an author is also miles better"
I suppose you mean the pay for a published author is better.
good luck.
I think you should come across to the your blog site every week to give us updates and snippets of your writing,

Anonymous said...

I have also been doodling on a book, it is more or less of a "philosophical" commentary on the modern world.

I have enjoyed reading your blog, and it is a shame that you wont be posting any more, but such is life.

=) hope you get properly published.

John Morales said...

Seriously, watch, those, commas! ;)

Ken said...

Sorry to hear you are stopping the blog.

Can't really speak as a book author but I have heard that running a blog while writing a book (even posting pieces as they are completed0 can be a good way of writing.

peterquixote said...

no don't watch the commas dude just make your work free flow people can read

Orion77 said...

When you hit a writing brickwall, come back here and vent your rage on Ratzy!

Prozac said...

I find it humorous to watch atheists and religious people attempt to contract one another, honestly. It has to be among the most entertaining things in the world, though I must admit the atheists make a whole lot more sense.

Anonymous said...

YEAH WTF INDEED!...I"LL SAY