Tuesday, June 23, 2009

What the f*ck is God?


As a skeptic I don’t believe in Gods, deities, ghosts, Father Christmas, The Tooth-Fairy and a whole range of mythical beasts.

Even to this hardened unbeliever like yours-truly the concepts of Father Christmas and The Tooth Fairy are fairly easy to explain & harmless concepts.

I can put my finger-on why parents like me, masquerade as Father Christmas and The Tooth Fairy.

But I can’t say the same about God.

To the best of my knowledge, I have never meet a God, or been touched by their presence.

I have been told God exists, without being told who/what God is, in the first place.

So to believe in a God you need to know exactly what a God is?

There are billions of humans who say there is a God, but not one universal description that can clarify “what God is?”

Individuals subjugate their lives to an entity they know less about than say The Tooth Fairy.

A theist is more capable to draw-you a picture of a tooth-fairy, than their God.

They could point to where Father Christmas lives on a map, but not the abode of their God entity?

They could more readily explain in greater clarity what The Loch Ness Monster is, than what is God?

So someone, please for Gods sake tell me what the f*ck is God?

In the same fashion you were describing a cat, to someone who has yet to encounter one.



No comments: